Friday, August 16, 2013

It Ain't Easy Being cheesy

Day 2 was not a cool breeze. Trying to compliment everyone that I encountered was a task. People make it hard to be cheesy. There I was at the VA (Veteran's Hospital) and them people as in the staff made me want to act a fool. I wanted to snap, I was a moment away from giving job advice instead of compliments. First if you are there to assist the veteran with their health care needs you may want to have a good disposition. Sour apples don't make good juice, I don't even know why I said that just now. Second if you want to throw yourself in job that is clearly customer service orientated, you would want to make sure you good with the first word of advice.... Have your merry little self a good disposition. I have never, ever had to deal with suck hard headed unpleasant individuals. And finally if you don't like people or if you were in the military and you hate everything military why would you bring your dusty behind to work at the one place that all broken soldiers have to come for their treatment? I hate you old know it all, got out the military cause you could not handle the military life people, that hang on the edge of the military community and when you get a job where you have to deal with people that are military or prior service you take out all your old frustrations on them kind of people. I got your ticket buddy, why don't your got put your self out to pasture and give the rest of us a break.

Enough of that rant, on to the next hurdle to my day 2 challenge to a better me. I went to SAM's club. Who would have guessed that while on the hunt for the Charmin that I would get into an almost altercation over not wanting to try popcorn. I don't like popcorn, you would think I talked about the old lady mama the way she was giving me the evil eye after I said "oh no, I don't do popcorn" she continued to tell me how it was low in sodium and high in fiber... Okayyyy I still don't want any. She continued to say that it was on sale. Okay, I still don't want any. She stood in front of my huge cart, I contemplated running her over, and wondered if the popcorn was laced the way she was pushing it, or if she got a cut of the sales. What the heck lady.... Ummm ma'am thank you very much but I don't eat popcorn but thank you. Then the stink eye, I thought she was gonna call me fat. then it would have been on. I left her area at a high rate of speed and proceeded to got my toilet paper, pop-tarts, bacon bits, grapes and the hell out of SAM's. It ain't easy being cheesy.

Tomorrow I think I am going to do something nice for someone else just because. Pay it forward. That is my challenge. I remember one day I was having a crappy day and I was at the Starbucks drive-by window on my mobile and I was telling my girlfriend all about what a crappy day I was having. I placed my order and when I got to the window to pay the lady in front of me had already paid for my drink. I almost cried. Paying for my coffee is better that telling me it looks like I lost a pound. If you remember it is one of my vices that coffee got me in a choke hold for sure. I will do something nice for someone tomorrow just because, maybe more that one person. I'm not talking helping an old lady cross the street at a traffic light, that doesn't happen in my town, but maybe I will buy a soldier a coffee, or pay for someone meal, or gas, or I don't know! I'm not a Trump or Oprah... no one is gonna get a Car!!! and I am not getting carried away with this better me thing. Baby steps.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment