Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

I hate it that I still have tears to cry. I'm afraid I don't know when they will be dry.  I miss the things I took for granted, and now they are never more. How do you get that back?  You can't!  You just have to move on.  I was told that once...or maybe I heard it somewhere but...What do you leave behind when you die? Good question.

Those who die never know the real answer. For those of us left behind, there are memories. Good and bad, sad days and days when thoughts leave us glad. I'm not there yet.  I morn the loss of you. I still haven't gotten over Mom and Dad and you had to go and join the list. 

I didn't tell you I loved you enough. I always thought you would be here, just a phone call away. And now you're gone.  I'm mad at your for making me the officail eldest.  I miss your "free till your fool" nature.  I pray you didn't feel pain.  When will my eyes be dry?  I read a book  that said a real heart could not really be broken.  But my tough act is up, my heart is broken. I'm no better than a sad love song.

No comments:

Post a Comment